Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChuckW

Default Saving a CSV file from Excel with 0 in front of Zip code

David,

I think it is in there. When the zero's had been stripped out originally I
inserted a column and added a zero to them. I then concatenated the two
columns. There is this green triangle in the upper left corner of all of the
cells in the zip code field that start with a zero. When I click on it, it
give me choices such as ignore error or convert to number. If I convert it
to a number it strips off the zero so I chose ignore error. Does that help?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"ChuckW" wrote in message

I am trying to import some addresses into UPS worldship software. I need
it
in the form of a CSV file. It does not accept excel as an import engine.
have several addresses with zip codes which start with zero. I am able to
keep the zero in front of the zip code in Excel but when I go to save it
as a
CSV file it drops the zero. Worldship then rejects the record since it is
not a valid address. I need to find a way to have a zip code which starts
with a zero saved as a CSV file. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Is the leading zero really there in the data in Excel, or is it part of the
cell formatting?
--
David Biddulph