Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Saving a CSV file from Excel with 0 in front of Zip code

How did you verify the zipcode format (for leading 0)?

Did you reopen the .csv file in excel or did you open the file in Notepad?

ChuckW wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to import some addresses into UPS worldship software. I need it
in the form of a CSV file. It does not accept excel as an import engine. I
have several addresses with zip codes which start with zero. I am able to
keep the zero in front of the zip code in Excel but when I go to save it as a
CSV file it drops the zero. Worldship then rejects the record since it is
not a valid address. I need to find a way to have a zip code which starts
with a zero saved as a CSV file. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

--
Chuck W

--