Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

Default Why do I have a permanent Calculate message in the Status Bar?

There are several possible reasons:
- see http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm

regards

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Andre" wrote in message
"Bad Formula Use" lol, I do refer to named ranges which could be
determined
wide. However only in the form of a v lookup. It just so happens that
there
are nested ifs, lookups and iserrors, however this spreadsheet I am
building
is by far less complicated than others, if I could just find what triggers
the calculate in the status bar - which I might add is damn near
impossible
to find on help! then I could fix it.

Anyone know a MOS person with Financial spreadsheet building experiance.

"Andre" wrote:

Hi

Have a Calculate in the Status bar permanently which is causing the
workbook
to recalculate the entire workbook with every change made even if not
connected to other cells.