Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andre

Default Why do I have a permanent Calculate message in the Status Bar?

Have tried that, I can set the calculation to manual which temporarily solves
the problem, however I need to write a macro function which utilises
goalseek, when that is activated every itteration takes about 10 seconds
which makes the VB function take over an hour to run, only complicated thing
in the spreadsheet is a pivot table with formulas refering to a named range
which looks at the table.

Any suggestions? Thinking of phoning Microsoft as the MCSE people we know
cant figure it either?

"Andre" wrote:

Hi

Have a Calculate in the Status bar permanently which is causing the workbook
to recalculate the entire workbook with every change made even if not
connected to other cells.