Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
J.Smith

Default Function: cell contents formula or value?

Thank you, Miguel!
I was hoping for a worksheet function, but looks like there really isn't
any.
In this case, a VB function should do. Thanks, again!

(I posted my thanks awhile ago, but for some reason I can't see it in this
NG. Weird!)

You can use a custom function like:
Function IsFormula(rng1 As Range) As Boolean
IsFormula = rng1.HasFormula
End Function

Also, you can see it directly on the screen using CTRL+~

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"J.Smith" wrote:

Hi,
It seems like a trivial thing, but I seem to be unable to locate a

worksheet
function that allows me to determine, if a given cell contents is a

formula
or a value.

Thank you!