Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Formula not recalculating

Kevin,

When that has happened to me it usually meant the workbook was getting
corrupt (I think I have seen it happens twice in all my Excel life), I would
copy over all data to another workbook ASAP
Both times it happened to me it was something someone else had done and I
believe originally created in Lotus, then carried over to Excel 95 and later
Excel 97.. All I could do to update was the ctrl +h replacing = with = until
I copied all the data to a new workbook. Maybe someone else can help you a
bit more

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote in message
I am stumped. I have tried all of the usual fixes, including ones I found
he
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...a.htm#problems

I have formulas that, no matter what I try, will not update after I make a
change to data that should cause the formula to recalculate.
I have checked (and rechecked ad nauseum) that the cells are not formatted
as text, that calculation is set to automatic, that the spreadsheet is not
set to display formulas. I have used F9, ctrl-alt-f9. I have removed all
formatting from the cells (I was using Styles as recommended in
Professional
Excel Development) I have changed the formulas from using dynamic named
ranges to a normal sumproduct formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Status!$F$7:$F$1435 = $F8), --(Status!$M$7:$M$1435 =
"Applicants"), --(Status!$H$7:$H$1435 = N$6))
When I change = to = using cntrl-h, the formulas do update, but then I go
make a change to one of the values to test it and it does not update. But
if
I hit F2 and then enter, the correct number shows up.
I don't know what else to try. I have a feeling that no one is going to
be
able to help me as I really do believe I have tried everything. I checked
all of my options, nothing funny like transitions or anything like that.
have quit excel and restarted, and logged all the way out and restarted my
computer. I have looked at a different workbook, changed data, looked at
the
cell with the formula and the cell was updated.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but this is a workbook
created from a template that I saved to my startup folder as book (again,
after having made some changes based on things I got from PED.)

I hope someone can pull a rabbit out of the hat. At this point all I can
think to try is forego all of the changes that I have entered to this
spreadsheet (but not the spreadsheet that it is getting the information
from.) Probably get rid of the book.xlt file, open a new worksheet, copy
it
to this workbook, recreate all of the formulas/headings etc. but this time
without using styles.
--
Kevin Vaughn