Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob

Default restricting use of certain characters

Thanks again Zyrgan. That was rather obvious, eh!

I'll put my thinking cap on before asking an obvious q next time.

Rob

"Zygan" wrote in
message ...

sorry for the late reply

Just replace the word "cells." at the start of the macro to
RANGE("?1:?1000").

e.g for column D only write

range("D:D").Replace What:="/", Replacement:="-", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder _
:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False

End Sub

e.g for A1 : A 5

range("A1:A5").Replace What:="/", Replacement:="-", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder _
:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False

End Sub

cheers.

--