Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Default formula displayed, not calculated

Thanks for feeding back, glad it worked for you.

Pete

Sander wrote:
Thanx, that worked. I should have found that myself, ashamed)

"Pete_UK" wrote:

You probably have the cells formatted as text, so what might appear to
be =C1 is actually "=C1". You need to format the cells as general, and
then double-click (as if you are editting) or press F2 to get Excel to
recognise the new format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Sander wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a sheet with a couple of others and something happened in
such away that formulas I enter are not calculated but displayed as formulas.

So formulas allready there are calculated but new ones are not. I've tried
CTRL + `
but no luck with that.

I've the basis =C1 to point to the value C1 and let it show up. On some
sheets this works, on others it doesn't. Also on the sheet where this works,
I cannot get a value from another sheet.

Any ideas??