Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default some charts will not show trendlines

Hi Norman,

If you can email me the file, off newsgroup, I will have a look see.

Cheers
Andy

comfuted wrote:
Andy:
Thanks for your reply.

The trendlines show up in the legend whether or not they show up on the
chart. I have also tried deleting the data series in question (from the
chart), then reinstalling it, then add a trendline. Same result.

Scaling is automatic, and there is space above and below the data curve.
Moving average will never exceed max/min points of basic data.

Thanks again
Norman
"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Are the trendlines appearing in the legend?

Is it possible the trend line is beyond any scaling limits you may have set?

Cheers
Andy

comfuted wrote:

I have four identical charts looking at very similar data, three series per
XY chart. I want trendlines (moving average) on all data series of all
charts. One chart will not show any, others will show all three, some will
show some but not all. No error messages, go through procedure of adding
trendline, but it just doesn't show up. Search for hidden line with cursor,
doesn't show.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info