Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
michelle

Default How do I set up a formula to add column a if column b = cell c

That created a circular reference. Thanks for trying though.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Michelle

Try
=IF(B1=C1,SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A1=B1),$A$1:$A1A1),0)
change the range to suit

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"michelle" wrote in message
a b c d
1 .2 yes yes .3
2 .5 no no .5
3 .1 yes maybe 0

So, as in the above example, I need to put a formula in D1 so that it
will
take the sum of column a if column b = c1. I hope this makes sense.
And
keep in mind I will be continually adding rows to this and will need
it to
cover the entire row, not just part of a row.

Thank you in advance and let me know if you need more clarification.