Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie

Default Cannot view cell content until I press enter

I have no knowledge of Excel 2007, but it sounds like you have to tick the
option to edit directly in a cell. Try under Tools|Options, select the Edit
tab

"AnisKhan" wrote:

This is driving me mad - On an old worksheet which I use in the latest Excel
Beta, I cannot view what I am typing in the cell until I press enter. It
appears in the formula bar but not in the cell.

Strangely, if I create a new blank worksheet, I can view cell content while
typing in there so it seems it must be a option that I need to toggle for the
old worksheet.

I've looked everywhere but still cannot find it.

Hope someone can help