Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Default Add comments without deleting.

Hit there little fingers with a big hammer.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Paperback Writer" wrote in
message ...
I'm afraid that won't work. The end users just tab to the field and start
typing. Then it's, "Oooops."

Other ideas?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

The simple way would be to touch the f2 key and start typing

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Paperback Writer" wrote in
message ...
Original: Account adjusted, looking into mismatched order 123456.

Type in: Checking with accounting.

Look like: Account adjusted, looking into mismatched order 123456.
Checking
with accounting.

The way it is now, the "original" text gets deleted.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what would the original look like
what typed in
what would the final look like

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Paperback Writer" wrote
in
message ...
Hello - We are having trouble with users adding/overwriting comments
made
in
a cell.

Is there a way to allow users to type in a cell, but not delete? I
know
that Excel 2002 has a function that works like this, but we are on
2000.
Does anyone have the VBA to do this?