kennethwt

Default automatic color change in cells using a drop down list

How do I get the colors to change automatically when I use a drop down list.
Per say here is what I am trying to do

If a certain "word" is used from the drop down list I want the background of
that cell to change its color to "green." And if later I change the "word" to
another from the drop down list, it will change it's color to a specified
color.

The drop down list that I use was created from cells that have the colors
already in the "word", but I do not know how to make the list show the colors
so it puts the word & color automatically in the drop down list to the cell
with the drop down (if that makes any sense).

If there is a way, please spell it out simple enough for me to understand,
as I don't know fully the capabilities of formulas or vba.