Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Data showing incorrectly on line chart

Hi,

Are you using a stacked line chart by any chance?

Cheers
Andy

gobonniego wrote:
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of
two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My
chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the
chart itself, my data starts being placed at about 6,000 (for both 24 "F"
calls and 649 "M" calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000
(for a figure that should only be just above 7000). When I hover over the
points, it give me the right number, yet it shows it in the wrong place.

I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out
of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at my data to
see if it's fouled up. But it shows exactly like I want it on the
spreadsheed and there are no formulas in the cells.

Any clues? I'm using Excel 2002.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info