Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob B

Default How can I save a pivot table layout?

Hi ,

sorry, but I've no idea how to use macros- I tried & nothing happened.

The source data looks like this:
COMPARTMENT 1 2 3 4 5
B-headed Gull
Black Grouse
Blackbird
Blackcap
Blue Tit 8 4
Brambling 3
Bullfinch

With various headers etc. I need the cleaned version to look like this:

Species Date Location Abundance Weather/Comment
B-headed Gull
Black Grouse 24/10/2002 LOA-Comp 7 1 Sunny spells and showers after
overnight frost
Blackbird 30/10/2002 LOA-Comp 8 2 WEATHER - misty, hazy sun trying to break
through, very light northerly wind
Blackbird 12/11/2002 LOA-Comp 3 1

with each row containing all the data.

Thoughts & hlp would be great as I've got around 8000 records to process &
am fed up making a pivot table over & over agian for each sheet- which are
usually 'slightly' different contents.

Cheers now, Rob.