Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Default Calculating APR on a Mortgage

We're still going to need to know the payment.

Fred

"Sean B" wrote in message
No, APR is different than interest rate, it takes into account the costs
associated with the loan and adds that to the actual interest charged during
the life of the loan. Then it backs into what the interst rate is given those
costs + interest rate = APR. I just don't have a clue how to get there from
here. any ideas? anybody?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Haven't you already specified the APR (7%)?

If you want to check to see if 7% is correct, we would need to know the
payment.
You can also calculate it yourself using the Rate function.

Fred

"Sean B" <Sean wrote in message
Can anybody help me determine APR using the following example:

30 year amortization
7% Rate
$100,000.00 loan amount