Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dk

Default Vlookup problem

OK it seems working , but we realized that sometimes when you update and
change info. in the main database & Save it it will not change the info. in
the other workbook what is the clue?

"SiC" wrote:

$A$1:$D$58,5
That's the part with the problem. The formula is looking in columns from A
to D (4 columns), but it's asking to return a value in column 5. So either
extend your lookup range to more columns, or lower your return column number
value. As for the concatenate question, I don't quite understand it. It
looks like you're trying to concatnate only 1 cell?

-Simon

"dk" wrote:

we are getting a wording of (#REF!) insteadd of getting the description of
the feild even though there a text data in the refrenced field
ex:=VLOOKUP(B10,'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
\[calling_.XLS]Customers'!$A$1:$D$58,5,FALSE)

Also we have 2 times the same name in column a ex row a1; has data "Joe" row
a21; has data "Joe" from were will all data filled if were going to enter in
cell b10 =CONCATENATE([calling_.XLS]Customers!$A$21)