Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Default Calculating Compounded Growth & the XIRR Function

No.

All rate of return calculations need at least one positive and one negative
number. If you are dealing with starting and ending values (eg, invested $1000,
got back $1200), you just change the sign on one of them to get the return
calculated.

To help you further, we need to know what the 'positive numbers' represent. Are
they cash flows, period ending values, or periodic returns?

Fred

"SJT" wrote in message
I have a series of all positive numbers for which I would like to calculate
the compounded growth rate per period. However the XIRR function requires at
least one positive and one negative value. Is there an alternative that will
allow me to calculate the compounded growth rate using all positive values?