Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Default Excel formula Question

Try something like this:

=index(sheet2!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=sheet2!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=sheet2!$b$1:$b $100),0))
(one cell)

This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do
it
them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

This returns the value in Sheet2 column C when column A and B (of
Sheet2) match A2 and B2 of the sheet (say Sheet1) with your values.

So A2=Date, B2=Team to be matched while Sheet2 columns A,B and C are Date,
Team and Opponent

HTH

"Lucas" wrote:

I'm trying to look at a range of cells based on two criteria, date and team.
If both the date and team show up I want the opponent to show up. Not sure
how to use multiple vlookups for two criteria and if they both match bring
back the appropriate response. In addition I want the value to be null if
there is no match. Can anyone provide some thoughts. I've tried to use
multiple vlookups and if then statements but its not working.