Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Default Vlookup problem

Vlookup works fine with closed workbooks so does concatenate

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I'm guessing you have something in your vlookup that includes some
concatenation. Can you show the expression? That might help. Also, is
calling_.XLS open when you do this? It needs to be. Otherwise, you'll
need to use the INDIRECT.EXT within MOREFUNC here

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index...func_Functions

"dk" wrote:

we are getting a wording of (#REF!) insteadd of getting the description
of
the feild even though there a text data in the refrenced field
ex:=VLOOKUP(B10,'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
\[calling_.XLS]Customers'!$A$1:$D$58,5,FALSE)

Also we have 2 times the same name in column a ex row a1; has data "Joe"
row
a21; has data "Joe" from were will all data filled if were going to enter
in
cell b10 =CONCATENATE([calling_.XLS]Customers!$A$21)