Carole O

Default CELL PROTECTED IN 2000, UNPROTECTED IN 2003

The cell in question (of a form designed in 2003) is unprotected. The form
is in a shared directory. When I hyperlink to another file in the shared
directory, locate the data, copy and return to the form, I can paste the data
which then populates other cells.

If I go to another computer (Excel 2000), I can hyperlink to the file in the
shared directory, locate the data, copy and return to the form. But - when I
go to paste it, I'm told that the form is protected, and in order to paste
the data, I will have to unprotect the form.

Is it a conflict between 2000 and 2003, or is it within our company?

Carole O