Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mickey

Default Charts graying out

That's fantastic!
Thanks very much Andy. I've no idea how the setting changed but amazingly
whilst I was recreating the file just now, the same thing happenned to the
charts. I wonder if it is something to do with a key combination as I type
on my laptop.

Thanks again, this will save me a ton of time.
Regrads,
Mickey

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

To return your charts to normal display use Tools Options View
Objects - Show All.

I do not know why it would have been set to Show Placeholders.

Cheers
Andy

Mickey wrote:
Hi,
I have a series of charts updating from a simple table with various
formulas. All has worked well for a couple of months when this morning
all of the charts were grayed out. They are now covered by a shaded gray
area, I can select the chart with my mouse and the chart will display
normally, move the mouse to a new cell and chart is covered over again.

I'd appreciate any ideas as to why this is happenning, I have moved the
file to a different machine but have the same problem.

Thanks,
Mickey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel