Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VU2IM

Default Double clicking an Excel file is not working. What's wrong?

I was creating an Excel macro, when once an option was asked - save to
Personal.xls or so. Normally, I save the Macros to the same file or a
different file, but once, I might have accidently clicked Pesonal.xls.

Now everytime, I open Excel, the Personal.xls is launched. So far so good.

From today, what is happening that double-clicking a file is not launching
the file, rather a blank Excel program with all sheets closed. Then I created
a dummy Macro and it got saved to Personal.xls and now, I am double-clicking
a file and Personal.xls is getting launched.

If I open, the file through Start -All Programs- MicroSoft Office -
Excel, then I can launch the program, but that is tedious.

Uninstalling and re-installing Excel has not helped.

Has any one seen such problem before? Any clues?