Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Default New to pivot tables-can they do this....?

You can add fields to the Page area of the pivot table, and use them to
filter the data that's shown.

Bullman wrote:
Hello,

I have rows of records containing a variety of column field entries. I
want to use a pivot table not in its traditional "add up the values
in columns D, E, F" way, but more like you would a normal filter to
view/print/sort data.

eg. Show/print coulmn field entries D, E F for all row entries that
have column field A="x," B="y" and C="z".

Its seems quite simple/fundamental but am I trying to do something
Pivot Tables aren't really designed to do?

I can achieve a similar kind of thing if I manually hide, filter and
sort columns and Set Print Area, but Pivot Tables seem such a fast
quick way to view, present and print the data you want.

Bullman

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures