Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkT

Default DATES

Awesome, that worked great! Thank you so much.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"MarkT" wrote in message
I am having trouble finding a way to have a specific date print based off
critera from an employee hire date. I have two future dates that I need

print, both based off the hire date, one is six months from hire date, the
other is one year from hire date. I am able to calculate the exact dates
just fine, however, the date that I need to print for the one is the first
day of the following month after the six month anniversary,

=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+7,1)

and second is
either July 1 or Jan 1, whichever comes first after the one year

anniversary
date.

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,(INT((MONTH(A1)-1)/6)+1)*6+1,1)