Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daiv

Default Cell Propogation

Thanks a bunch. that worked well.

One more though, I can't seem tofigure it out from your last post.

I have another worksheet that takes its first value from salary!H4, and the
next one is at salary!H100, then salary!H196 (and every 196 thereafter)

I can't seem to get that one to work. maybe It's because I don't fully
understand the formula in your last post.

Thanks!

"Max" wrote:

One way ..

Put this in the starting cell, say, in B2:
=INDIRECT("'salary'!G"&ROW(A1)*4)

B2 returns the same as: =salary!G4

Just copy B2 down as far as required* to return the desired:

salary!g4
salary!g8
salary!g12
salary!g16

*down to B2001 thereabouts, since you have 8000 cells ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Daiv" wrote:
I am trying to refference specific cells from one worksheet to another. The
information I need is not in consecutive cells, they are, for example, 4
cells apart.

My problem is I have over 8000 cells that need filling and I am not about to
do that by hand :) When I put a few entries in then try to have the pattern
propogate it doesn't work. instead it backtracks. for example, if I entered
4 cells:
salary!g4
salary!g8
salary!g12
salary!g16

when i try to propogate i get a patern like:

salary!g8
salary!g12
salary!g16
salary!g20
salary!g12
salary!g16
salary!g20
salary!g24

How do i make the pattern consistant over the 8000 cells?