Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dcasdos

Default How do I increase a column of numbers by a percentage-same cell

I have a business (Fence chainlink etc.) that uses price pages for our sales
personel and when we have a price increase I usually use a calculator and
say it is a 10% increase from our supplier figure each number and type in the
new price. With hundreds of items in 36 pages, this takes days to complete.
I have been trying to find a formula in Excel to increase an entire column
with a formula to change each price by say 10% or whatever percent the
increase is. I can use formulas that work but I always have to use another
column to show the increase. How can I do this to just change the number in
the same cell and copy down an entire column? Then I just print the new
pages with the new date.
--
dc