Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grant606

Default DDE and updating

Dear Ardus,

VBA is totally alien to me so I’ll explain what I did to show if I got
it right (or not)

Opened new file in Excel and named it New Timer.xls.

Opened Visual basic Editor, Insert, Module.

Module headings are left box (General), right box Copy Value.

I then copied/pasted the code.

Option Explicit
Dim dNextExec As Date

A line underlines these two.

(The rest of the codes follows.)

The last three lines:

Sub StopTimer()
Application.OnTime dNextExec, "CopyValue", , False
End Sub

have a line above them.

I will need to wait until tomorrow before I can run it. It is really
decent of you to provide this, and greatly appreciated. If I can
reciprocate in any way, let me know (are you in the UK?)

Bondi, It's a nightmare to find the data I’m looking for from any
source; I’ve looked at all of them. Eurex provides tic data but the
files (for a single day) are enormous and contain 90% of data I don’t
need. To extract the relevant data is an exercise in itself.

Best regards,

Grant.

--
grant606