Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Norman Jones

Default delete duplicate data

Hi SITCFanTN,

Your code operates on duplicates in column A of the active sheet. Try the
following minor adaptation:

'=============
Sub DeleleDupesInPreviousRows()
Dim WB As Workbook
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim i As Long
Const col As String = "G" '<<==== CHANGE

Set WB = Workbooks("YourBook.xls") '<<==== CHANGE
Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1") '<<==== CHANGE

With SH
For i = .Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If .Cells(i - 1, col) = .Cells(i, col) Then
.Rows(i - 1).Delete
End If
Next
End With

End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message
Can Somebody please explain this code to me? I think it may meet my needs
but I'm just not sure. I want to delete the previous row if the data in
column G is the same in 2 consecutive rows.

Sub deleledupsinpreviousrows()
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If Cells(i - 1, 1) = Cells(i, 1) Then Rows(i - 1).Delete
Next
End Sub