Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cold as ice

Default 1st,2nd OR3rd EQUALS $10,$15 OR $25

Thank you so much for the reply, this was a great help to me and with a bit
of tweaking it did the job a treat.

This is how i eventualy sorted it out

=IF(A1=3,10,IF(A1=2,15,IF(A1=1,25,0)))

Thank you again

Clem

"Paul B" wrote:

cold as ice, here is one way,

=IF(A1="1st",25,IF(A1="2nd",15,IF(A1="3rd",10,0)))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"cold as ice" wrote in message
Office XL 2003

I have a column showing possitions 1st to 10th and I want this to
automaticaly enter $25 for 1st, $15 for 2nd and $10 for 3rd and 0 for all
the others into the column next to it. It is a database to keep track of

how
I am doing in different poker rooms.

Thanx