Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan

Default Find & replace question.....I believe

I meant that if the values were in say A1 to A100 then in B1 enter that
formula and drag it down to B100, then Copy, PasteSpecial, values to get rid
of the formulas in B1:B100. You can then copy column B and paste to cloumn A
if you want to to overwrite the original data,
Regards,
Alan.
"anorton" wrote in message
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. There is no formula. Just the exact
numeric
value shown.

And yes, I just want the last four digits to just show in that cell.

"Alan" wrote:

If its always the last four digits,
=RIGHT(A1,4)
then copy paste special values to lose the formulas,
Regards,
Alan.
"anorton" wrote in message
Hi all,

I would like to see if there is a way to modify the numbers in a cell
only show a partial? For example:

8709300242_4576
8710010110_4550
8710010157_4580