Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Default which function to use

You could use a helper column in Sheet2. In an empty column next to your
data, enter 1 in the first row, then 3 in the second row. Select these two
cells and drag down as far as your data. Then, below your data enter a 2 in
the first empty row, then 4, select and drag down as far as you need. Then
sort your data on this helper column and the empty rows will be inserted
between your data.

A B
1 1 =Sheet2!A1
2 3 =Sheet2!A2
3 5 =Sheet2!A3
4 2
5 4
6 6

"jijy" wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 sheets in a workbook -Sheet 1 and sheet 2. I have data in
sheet 2 as follows:

Row ColumnA
1 data1
2 data2
3 data3

Now I want to put a formula in Sheet 1 to get the data from Sheet 2 as
follows:

Row ColumnA

On sheet 1 , I am skipping a row when copying the formula and because
of this I am getting the formula all messed up.

Please help.

Thanks

--
jijy