Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default Lining up data from concatenation

After revisiting this and seeing the other replies:

Assuming that the values in column A are always numbers:

=REPT(" ",LEN(MAX(A$1:A$10))-LEN(A1))&A1&" "&B1

Use a fixed width font.

Biff

"Some Dude" wrote in message
A1 = 1234
A2 = 5

B1 = project 1
B2 = project 2

If I do this in C1
=concatentate(A1," ",B1)
I get
1234 project1
for C1. That's fine but doing the same thing for row 2 gets me
5 project 2

I need a way to do this (without a macro because I'm totally helpless when
it comes to macros) so that Column C lines up everything in Column A AND
everything in column B so the data is in 1 cell and the "p" in project
lines up vertically no matter how many characters are in the number in
Column A.
The data HAS TO be in a single cell - no merging cells and changing border
colors to make it appear that way.
I think I need something in my concatenate that assigns a set number of
spaces to the data in Column A and concatenates Column B data starting in
the same position every time.
But how?