Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth

Default reference current worksheet name (tab name) in a formula

Janet

courtesy of:

www.ozgrid.com http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/return-sheet-name.htm
Return an Excel Worksheet Name to a Cell

In Excel it is possible to use the CELL function/formula and the MID and
FIND to return the name of an Excel Worksheet in a Workbook. The formula
below shows us how;

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256)

Where A1 is any non error cell on the Worksheet. If you want the full path
of the Excel Workbook, simply use;

=CELL("filename",A1)

It is important to note that the above formulas will only work in a Workbook
that has been saved.

Search Google for: cell worksheet name excel for other references

Regards

Trevor

"Janet Panighetti" wrote in
message ...
How may I reference the current worksheet name (the name on the tab) in a
formula on that worksheet.

In other words, I want to compare the string in a cell to the name of the
current worksheet. If it matches then I want to raise an error.

Thanks in advance!

Janet