Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett

Default Can I select and Group Autoshapes in Excel 97 ?

And Ron DeBruins google addin is good
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Yes, but that selects all shapes, and doesn't give you the
opportunity to delete all rectangles as once. I guess I was
looking more at Debra's reply to select multiple objects which gives you
a checklist of objects to select, which allows you to select
all rectangles then delete them as a selection.

OfficeKB might have an indication that a posting is closed, or open,
or that someone's answer was good or bad. Such bells and whistles
are not in Usenet and are strictly to try to steal the usenet so they can
force feed advertisements. Other such grubby sites include excelforum(s),
exceltip and about 80 other revenue hungry sites.
Most of us see only what
is posted as plain text.

it is basically up to you -- it is your thread, but if the second question
doesn't fit the subject then it would be much better to start
another thread so that your question would be more likely to help
others as well. Sometimes if someone searches on something
they think they need, they also find the something they need along
with it when there is more than one question. Generally though it
works best to only have one question -- people can see the questions
were answered and not think part of a question already answered was
forgotten due to a digression.

To me the overriding thing is the use of Google Groups to search
for newsgroup postings. I would suggest posting directly to newsgroups
though rather than through a web portal. Google Groups also operates
as a portal, but at least does copy newsgroups onto web page to attract
web page search engines as does officekb, excelforum,
exceltips and at least 80 other such crappy sites that destroy things for
everyone.

--
HTH,
My Excel Pages:

"diglas1 via OfficeKB.com" <u22313@uwe wrote in message
David,
See your Shapes page for the main gist of Debra's answer:
You can manually select all objects on a sheet regardless of what cells
are
selected with Edit, GoTo (Ctrl+G), Special, Objects.

By the way, do you know if this posting is now considered "closed", since
it
answered my initial query ?
i.e. if I had something else to ask of the correspondents, would they be
alerted if they didn't deliberaltely look back here...or is it best to
start
a new query ?
Thanks again

David McRitchie wrote:
You are definitely in the right thread, it's just not clear if the
threading is correct, replies to a reply within the thread. It looks
more like the reply is to the last post within a thread rather than
to a specific post.

I don't think Debra's answer was anywhere on my page, but it will
be by the time this is posted.

I like to do web searches and many of the web based newsreaders
put newsgroup postings into web pages, and then get picked up by
Google web search which is bad. Accessing newsgroups without HTML
(directly) is best, Google Groups even though HTML does not
mess up posting structure within a thread, but they do try to portray
ownership of the usenet news groups like the bad web
"portals".

---
HTH,

"diglas1 via OfficeKB.com" <u22313@uwe wrote in message
Apologies if my replies have been to the wrong threads, but the names
addressed to each are correct.
[quoted text clipped - 51 lines]