Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kaushik

Default Lookup

I have 3 columns. Column A data is all text, Column B data is numeric,
and Column D data is currency. I need to lookup for a string in column
A lets say "XYZ" or "PQR". For all instances of XYZ I need to compute
the total of all the numeric values for XYZ in column B and also the
total of all currencies correxponding to XYZ. The results should be in
two different cells. If Column A is null, equate 0 to both cells( total
of all numerics values and total of currency values).

Thanks you all in advance for your help.

PS: If I have to reference the columns in a different sheet how do I do
it.

--
kaushik
kaushik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34715