Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Default Adding values for multiple worksheets

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand why this wouldn't work. If there is no data
in D22 of sheets 'Feb 04:Feb 05' then you wouldn't need to exclude these from
the AVERAGE function. If these cells are blank, AVERAGE will ignore them.

"ArenaNinja" wrote:

Sorry.. but this wouldn't work out. To begin with, the formulas do not
always add up values for ALL worksheets. Some worksheets are longer
than others, but there's a consistency throughout a MONTH, not on all
worksheets in the same workbook. Secondly, the worksheet's name needs
to be self-explanatory (on terms of the information it contains in case
one of them gets moved around). Here's an example of the first
formulas:

Code:
--------------------
=AVERAGE('Feb 01:Feb 07'!D9)
--------------------

That would be for the very first line and would work with your
solution. However, there is no data for Sat and Sun for 9:00pm, so the
formula is as follows:
Code:
=AVERAGE('Feb 01:Feb 03'!D22,'Feb 06:Feb 07'!D22)

Usually the patterns of data are consistent every week, but not for all
cells. Any other bright ideas?

--
ArenaNinja
ArenaNinja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33624