Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
debjocc

Default conditional formatting 2 cells

Excellent, thank you!

"Toppers" wrote:

Set 1st condition as "Value is" $B$1 and colour yellow, font bold
set 2nd condition as "Value is" $A$1 and colour yellow

HTH

"debjocc" wrote:

in Excel 2002 it states that you can use up to 3 different conditions for a
conditional format, but it will only use the first format that is applied
when the condition is true. Am I reading this wrong? What good are the second
and third conditions if it will only use the first format? Assuming I don't
get it, I would like to apply 2 different formats in the same cell, depending
upon the entries in 2 different cells. Cell A1 = 10, Cell B1 = 15,
conditional format is if C1 is greater than A1 apply yellow, if C1 is greater
than B1, apply bold in addition to yellow. Can this be done without VB code?

Thanks, smart people!