Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

Default How do I create a link between columns from a data chart?

Check the help for the VLOOKUP formula. It looks the most adecuate in this
case.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Sara" wrote:

I want to be able to set up a data chart within the excel spreadsheet that
when one cell is entered with an entry from the data chart, another cell will
automatically fill with the corresponding data from the chart. For example,
if I am making a mileage expense report, I want to be able to create the
chart with the towns and the specific miles it takes to drive there and when
I enter the town in the sheet, the mileage will automatically fill in. I
know that you have to create the data table with the information in a
separate location from the main information, but I forgot how to carryover
the information into the body of the report.