Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Brown

Default Two Criteria with the COUNTIF function or somthing else?

IT almost worked, but with the information you gave me i was able to work it
out. ISNUMBER gives true/false and so does B1:B10="Closed". So instead of
adding those together, multiply (true*true=1,true*false=0,ect.), so it would
look like this :

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("this",A3:A30))*(J3:J3 0="closed"))

This gave me what i needed
So thank you for the help!

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Assume A is your first column (the one that has this_that) and B is your
second column (the one with Closed in it):

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("this",A1:A10)),--(B1:B10="Closed"))

Just modify that to the range your data is actually in.
Does that help?
Dave

"Robert Brown" wrote:

I need a function that adds up a column of part of a string(ex. this_that,
and i just need to make sure "this" is in the string) and then another column
also has to be equal to "Closed". I haven't been able to get anything to
work, any ideas?