Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default How to make a cell trigger a Sound in Excel

justice wrote:
Is there a way to make excel play a sound on a or < number?

I am using a futures program that can put the last trade number in a
cell such as 0.008900, I want to make excel play a sound when the cell
number reaches a number such as than 0.008900

Not possible without VBA. With VBA, you could try the following udf
which uses Excel's speech synthesis.

Function SayIt(c As Boolean, s As String)
If c Then Application.Speech.Speak s
SayIt = c
End Function

You can then use this in worksheet formulas like

=SayIt(x0.0089,REPT("Sell! ",20))