Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daniel CHEN

Default Transpose Mailing List to Columns

If you have fixed number of rows for each record, then it is easy to
transpose it as you want.
Since you have 5 or 6 rows for different records, then it is very difficult
achieve what you want, even using VBA code.

If all are five rows in column A starting from A1, then use the following
formula in Cell B1:

=OFFSET($A$1,5*(ROW()-1)+COLUMN()-2,0,1,1)

and copy the formula , paste in range B1:F100

--
Best regards,
---
following format:

Acct. #
Name
Address
Town, ST zip-code

For about 10% there is an additional line for Country if Foreign

I have several thousand of these in a column in Excel. I would like to
put each row into a seperate column so that I could break them apart
for sorting by name or state.

I have tried to use the "Transpose" but it is not cooperating with
several thousand rows.

Any help appreciated.

Michael

--