Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
diglas1 via OfficeKB.com

Default Can I select and Group Autoshapes in Excel 97 ?

David,
See your Shapes page for the main gist of Debra's answer:
You can manually select all objects on a sheet regardless of what cells are
selected with Edit, GoTo (Ctrl+G), Special, Objects.

By the way, do you know if this posting is now considered "closed", since it
answered my initial query ?
i.e. if I had something else to ask of the correspondents, would they be
alerted if they didn't deliberaltely look back here...or is it best to start
a new query ?
Thanks again

David McRitchie wrote:
You are definitely in the right thread, it's just not clear if the
threading is correct, replies to a reply within the thread. It looks
more like the reply is to the last post within a thread rather than
to a specific post.

I don't think Debra's answer was anywhere on my page, but it will
be by the time this is posted.

I like to do web searches and many of the web based newsreaders
put newsgroup postings into web pages, and then get picked up by
Google web search which is bad. Accessing newsgroups without HTML (directly) is best, Google Groups even though HTML does not
mess up posting structure within a thread, but they do try to portray ownership of the usenet news groups like the bad web
"portals".

---
HTH,

"diglas1 via OfficeKB.com" <u22313@uwe wrote in message
Apologies if my replies have been to the wrong threads, but the names
addressed to each are correct.

[quoted text clipped - 51 lines]