Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erin

Default using the formula Average(start:end!b4)

Sure!

=SUM(vlookup(a1,sheet1!$a$1:$b$10,2,false),vlookup (A1,sheet2!,$a$1:$b$10,2,false),vlookup(a1,sheet3! $a$1:$b$10,2,false),vlookup(A1,sheet4!,$a$1:$b$10, 2,false))/4

Where A1 on your summary sheet is the name of sales person, and sheet1 has
the 1st quarter sales with the sales person in column A and their sales in
column B. Then sheet 2 is the second quarter, etc.

I am sure there is a more concise method one of the experts can think of,
but this will work.

"Fawn" wrote:

Can I do this if all four quarters are on different worksheets?

Thanks

Fawn

"Erin" wrote in message
Have you considered scrapping the Average function and using vlookups?

You
could

=SUM(vlookup(a1,sheet1!a1:b10,2,false),vlookup(... ),...)/4

I hope this is helpful.

Erin

"Fawn" wrote:

Hi I am using the formula average(start:end!b4) to calculate average for
sales people. The problem I have is all the sales person's names are

not in
the same order in Column A for every sheet.

How do I write a formula to calculate average of all 4 sheets if the

sales
person's name is not in the same order without moving and copying it

over to
the same line etc.

Thanks

Fawn