Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erin

Default Fill cells if adjacent cell match criteria

=IF(OR(A1="ADJ", A1="TUI", A1="STE"),"A",IF(OR(A1="REFUND", A1="BKS"),"E",""))

I hope this helps.

Erin

"Jess" wrote:

I have a large worksheet and hate to use the fill down for this.

Here's my scenario:

In column A there are different values. Examples: ADJ, REFUND, TUI, STE,
BKS, etc.
In column B, I need there to be an A or an E depending on which value is in
column A. So, if ADJ, TUI or STE are in column A, an A would go in column B.
If the value in Column A is REFUND or BKS, then E would go in Column B.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks!
--
Jess