Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Default assign permanent colors to bars/values in a pivot chart

The colours in a chart are taken from default settings for the data series in
the defined order. You can change these default settings in
Tools/Options/Color(tab). You see the 56 standard colours and under the thin
line the colours for Chart fills and Chart lines. The first series is the
left colour, etc up to 8 colours. You can select, and modify the colours you
want. (NB: Be careful not to change the series order in next charts as Excel
will assign the colours based on order)
GL,
Henk

"Rose73" wrote:

I have a column in my source data called "TIER" so the values are 1, 2, 3
etc. when I convert to a pivot chart I want those values/bars to be
automatically & permanently assigned a specific color. Eg. Tier 1 = Green,
Tier 2 = Yellow etc.

Can you help?