Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
rev_cletus

Default Hyperlinks break when synching from Pocket Excel

I'm using a very simple Excel spreadsheet as a checkbook, and have taken to
linking entries for cleared checks to their images, obtained from my bank,
which I keep in a folder adjacent to the one the spreadsheet's located in. I
keep a copy of the spreadsheet and the images, in the same file structure,
on my Axim handheld and synchronize the files with MS ActiveSynch.

I find, however, when I make changes to the file on the handheld and those
are subsequently synched with the file on my PC, that the hyperlinks are
broken. Made sense, I figured, as the absolute path to the images is a wee
bit different on the handheld (the hyperlinks, of course, referenced a path
from C:// on the PC, which isn't the same as the structure on the PDA);
however, adjusting the absolute path via the Files | Properties | Hyperlink
base setting in Excel, on the PC, seems to have no effect. I can reset all
the links to the images on the PC, synchronize to the handheld, then go to
the handheld and see the links are made; but when I make changes to the
checkbook on the handheld and they're subsequently synched, they're broken
again.

Not a big deal...but it would be good to know if this is something that can
be done!

Thanks...

rev_c