Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SMutchnick

Default Counting ranges, please help

Hey everyone, I haven't been able to figure out how to pull this off:
I've got a database of about 3,000 patients from which I will soon need
to extract data for research.
Right now I am focusing on three of my columns, SEX, AGE and RACE.
Using a pivot table I can see how many M's or F's are AA or Cau, and
totals of both sex's and all race's and so on.
But I cannot figure out how to, either by using a worksheet formula(s)
or pivot table, display the distribution of patients through a set
age-range.
My goal is to have a table that will show how many AA's, Cau's, etc and
how many M's and F's of each race are between the ages of 10-20, 21-30.
31-40 and so on.

I have not been succesfull with any counting formulas, and in the pivot
tables have not found a way to control how the AGE column is displayed,
so as it is I have on row for virtually every age between 10 and 90.
Not ideal.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you!

-Sean

--
SMutchnick
SMutchnick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35019