Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DB_Bill

Default Two criteria for CountIf?

Thank you for the reply.
I am not trying to achieve the product of a sum, rather get a count of rows
that have something other than the string "closed" and a value other than
blank in the second column. The Countif function seems to be similar to what
I need, however, it is only allowing me to specify criteria for one column at
a time. This is not allowing both criteria to be checked and validated.
An example would be like:
columnA columnB
closed 2100
closed
unknown 500
The last row would be counted and give a return of 1.

"Toppers" wrote:

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100<"Closed"),--(B1:B100<""),--(B1:B100<" "))

Sumproduct must have a range (rather than a column)

HTH

"DB_Bill" wrote:

I have two columns of cells that need to be evaluated and determine if the
criteria are met in order to be included in a count. The first column needs
to have something other than "Closed" and the second column and row should
contain something other than null/blank. Is there a simple way to include
both criteria in a single statement to allow a count of the rows?