Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mifukhed

Default Ribbon vs. Menus

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the input.
I knew abouot the toolbars, and always prefer them, icon only or text, not
both when customizable.
Imagination is in the head, not the keyboard or monitor. I almost feel like
they have made a spreadsheet for kids, and maybe they have. I remember trying
to teach people 20 years ago about Lotus 123, that coding is ingrained in
most people.
Now, 20 years later you want to bring out an artistic palette similar to an
artists palette and tell everyone it will make pretty pictures? Hello! The
next generation of users is way beyond this, or maybe its the opposite, they
can't read and do not have a sense of logic the previous generation had.
Businesses, I would think, find this not even remotely amusing.
As I am testing this for our companies awareness of future
issues/opportunities, I am confounded by my own confusion about this. Isn't
this what Bob was suppsoed to do, make applications simpler?

Bring back a classic view, or else I forsee a Biz partner making huge money
by doing so.
hmm, idea.....